Archive for the ‘music’ Category
What a night!! Saturday we saw Crowded House and it was the most awesome night ever. I was wishing it was never over – I cried a number of times because the music was so beautiful and the memories of listening to the songs were so lovely. What you can see here is a very crap photo that in no way represents anything that we saw or heard, but it’s the best I can do. I really need a camera!! If you squint, you can see Neil.
- Getting away from it all with the Spunk, shopping at Salamanca Market, listening to some fantastic Celtic music at the New Sydney pub whilst sipping a beer and making our way to the concert.
- Seeing my all time favourite band live, even though they haven’t really existed for a long time. I never thought that would happen.
- The weather held out. It was crisp but not freezing and I was quite comfy in jeans and three layers on top, with a beanie and boots.
- Knitwear everywhere. I will share examples below.
- Great atmosphere. Not a lot of scope for bogan-like behaviour at an event like this.
- Portaloos. Say no more. (Although I had a Kenny experience at one point and a nice man cleaned the toilet just before I went in! Hilarious!! And remembering how I fell out of a Portaloo in my wedding dress. But that’s another story.)
- Lining up for drink tokens to then line up for drinks. Thankfully I didn’t have to do this because I am spoiled rotten, but I did have to wait a long time!
- Flipping idiots in front of me who may or may not have escaped from some kind of facility for the mentally challenged who were THROWING PEANUTS and people and at one point STOOD IN FRONT OF ME SO I COULDN’T SEE until the Spunk asked them to kindly sit. He figured we could have taken them in a fight.
- Walking for nearly an hour afterwards before we could get a cab.
- Crazy taxi driver on the way who told my friend to stop playing with the window uppy downy button and to STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS and BE QUIET WOULD YOU. I thought we might get put out. He was a very grumpy man.
Knitwear spied. Sorry if by some strange and unfathomable coincidence you see yourself. Please know that I stalked you with the greatest appreciation and not a bit of creepiness.
I have finished a part of my Secret Santa for our Saturday group, but don’t know what else to do – I need to add something. The silly season is just beginning. It’s a slippery slide of get togethers, break ups, shopping, baby showers, school picnics, graduations, barbecues, prodigal brothers returning and Christmasses (yes, plural. Bloody divorced parents) from here until January. I figure I will just go along for the ride and let it all happen. Somewhere among all that I will turn 34. I don’t remember ever imagining being 34. However, I have a feeling it will be a good year.
PS Check out Summer Sue.
I just saw this on tv. Watch it! It is very clever and contains VAST amounts of yarn. Not only that, but it is a pretty cool song as well!
Walkie talkie man – Steriogram