another six things
Posted January 23, 2009on:
Knitter Sue tagged me to do a meme, and it always tickles me to be tagged (I feel like one of the cool kids!) so even though I have done this before I think, I will do it again!
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Mention the rules.
Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that let’s them know they’ve been tagged.
1. People at work sometimes think I am scary. This is because I manage to pretend I am confident and always on top of things. On the inside I am usually full of doubt and nerves, but apparently this doesn’t show. What this means is that people ask me lots of questions and I have to make lots of decisions. I don’t like making decisions.
2. My daughter works at the same McDonalds that I worked at when I was pregnant with her!
3. I got a new tattoo last week and it is visible to the world. Since then I have noticed people looking at me. I figure it is their problem. I like it. It is also an antidote to the feelings I describe in the first response! I have to be better at just being me!
4. At the moment, I am responding to a meme, knitting, playing Lexulous on Facebook with the Spunk who is sitting behind me on the laptop, listening to my kids laugh and giggle, paying slight attention to the tennis and having a glass of wine. Multitasking is my favourite pastime.
5. Fights make me almost pass out. This can be a problem working in a school with 400 odd teenage boys. I have broken up lots of fights with my ability to scream STOP STOP STOP at great volume.
6. I think that at least some of my success and ambition comes from wanting to prove people wrong. I was only 18 when Little Purl was born and should call in and thank the teachers who told me I was not fit to be a mother. That’s how far I will go to defy authority!!